"Well how much was the ticket?"
"I don't know, I just gave it to my Mom"  

"I was going to, but it was hard"

"It was kindness week at my school...And I didn't"

"What if a mute person has no hands"


Friday, June 27

Knalybralt (v.)- The pace between a skip and a run

Name: Scott 
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 6; Matthew 7:7-11

At Terra Nova last night, we went through Matthew 7:7-11. "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
It was interesting to see everyone's response to this passage. Some people saw this passage just as I see it, and that was cool because they were able to express it in more words than I can. Some people took different takes on it, and our conversation went in a zillion different directions. 
Tony and I were pretty much on the same page. This passage makes a point to say KEEP ON asking, and you will receive. KEEP ON seeking, and you will find. Our faith is an active one, and it requires us to be on our toes constantly. God is not going to work with us if we say, "God, please do this. Thanks" or "God, show me this" and then expect him to just drop something on our doorstep, or speak in a booming voice like he did to Moses. Perseverance is a must. God already knows what we want, and if we are close enough with him, our desires are already his desires. We need to show him that we really desire the things that we ask of him, and are even willing to sacrifice something to get whatever it is.
  *(Sidenote- today was payday. I got a pretty hefty check. I took the money out of my account that I need to tithe on Sunday, and I also had a couple bills leftover from something else. I didn't want to have these extra bills, but whatever. As I was coming to Starbucks to do this blog, I got off at Almaden, which I never do. I was all the way back, and by the time I crossed the light, I saw that homeless lady that is always standing on the corner. I didn't even have any cash with me, but I kind of wish that 1. I had the cash to give to her and 2. I had been far enough forward that she had come to my window. At the same time I was glad I still had my money, because I think that I still would've had to tithe that money if I gave it to her. After sitting here a while, the shift that was on came up to me and gave me $85 worth of tips from the past two weeks. After I had gotten my paycheck this morning! "Listen to the little man in your head. He thinks a lot of the same things I do. Don't worry about anything. I will always provide for you, even when you don't expect it. See?")

2 Chronicles is Solomon's long prayer to God that he makes right before he opens the Temple he has just built. I liked it, because I have been not praying. At all. For a while. And now being convicted of it. And this was a good example of a sweet prayer that a wise man said. Read it or something.

God, I am still working on trusting that you have a plan for me. Give me opportunities to spend time with you that I very well can not take. And if I do take them, then good. But knowing me, I will probably take a nap. Thanks for being here for me. 

No comments: