"Well how much was the ticket?"
"I don't know, I just gave it to my Mom"  

"I was going to, but it was hard"

"It was kindness week at my school...And I didn't"

"What if a mute person has no hands"


Tuesday, June 24

What to read

Name: Chad
Scripture: I Kings 7; Matthew 7:1-23
OAP: I am disappointed to find that the soap is back in Matthew, during my trip I finished up Corinthians, James and some of 1st Peter. I liked those better. Constructive reflections on Jesus, ways to adjust, Jesus is much more big picture radical. It probably didn't help that I chose to read these in KJV.
I am reading a few books right now, one of them is Paradise Lost, without a doubt it is a great book, but it is a slow read and though I know it is worth the effort in the long term to adjust my lens, I find myself much more willing to pick up specific poetry or a book I know to be relevant to what I am dealing with. This is not to say that I ignore Milton, I just have placed him on the second tier for my priorities. I know that I will be changed by Milton, but in a big picture way not dealing with the immediate, whereas Donne is going to speak to where I am at.
It is the same here. Long term world view versus immediate growth. Matthew versus James. Both are good.
God, Father, I don't know. The plan is mine, if it is good let me see the good fruit, if it is not let me not follow through, see the bad fruit and abandon the tree. Here it goes.

1 comment:

Adam Rechenmacher said...

"I know that I will be changed by Milton."
How will "he" change you?