"Well how much was the ticket?"
"I don't know, I just gave it to my Mom"  

"I was going to, but it was hard"

"It was kindness week at my school...And I didn't"

"What if a mute person has no hands"


Saturday, August 2

I think i have mono.

Name: josh
Scripture: Proverbs 23

"13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
if you punish him with the rod, he will not die.

14 Punish him with the rod
and save his soul from death."

OAP: Sometimes i get confused with the idea of forgiveness. Or the New Testament forgiveness at least. How when we do something wrong we can be washed clean with a prayer at no cost to us. But in this proverb and the way my parents raised me, when you do something wrong you get a punishment or some sort of consequence to help you realize what you did wrong. It hurts but helps you grow and gain discipline. Sometimes i feel like i won't learn my lesson without a punishment, and desire consequences for my actions. But because of Jesus' death for sin, God just forgives now. Now i can just pray and repent for my action and i'm good to go. Is it wrong to think that that's too easy? I know i'm not supposed to be able to understand God's grace or compassion and mercy, but i feel like i might learn my lesson faster if i actually get punished when i mess up. Is it wrong to want to be punished? I don't know. Religion really confuses me

No comments: